The Australian Government recommends the introduction of reforms to the temporary activity visa framework, so from 19th of November 2016, the following visas would be closed to new applications:
- Subclass 401 Temporary Work (Long Stay Activity) visa
- Subclass 402 Training and Research visa
- Subclass 416 Special Program visa
- Subclass 420 Temporary Work (Entertainment) visa
- Subclass 488 Superyacht Crew visa.
Applications lodged before 19 November 2016 would be processed under pre-19 November 2016 legislation.
There would be four new visa subclasses introduced from 19 November 2016:
- Subclass 400 Temporary Work (Short Stay Specialist) visa
- Subclass 403 Temporary Work (International Relations) visa
- Subclass 407 Training visa
- Subclass 408 Temporary Activity visa.
The new framework is designed to make applying for a temporary visa easier. It would reduce procedures for business, industry and individuals by removing sponsorship and nomination requirements for specific short stay activities.
How would it impact to applicants?
- Availability to lodge visa applications online
- A single sponsorship (temporary activities sponsor) would replace six existing sponsorship types (long stay activity, training and research, professional development, entertainment, special programme and superyacht crew)
- If you apply for a subclass 408 Temporary Activity visa:
- you would not need a nomination
- if you applied fromoutside Australia and you intended to stay in Australia for less than three months, you would not need to be sponsored
- if you applied from outside Australiaand you intended to stay in Australia for more than three months, you would need sponsorship
- you would need to be sponsored regardless of how long you intend to stay if you applied from inside Australia
- If you apply for a Subclass 407 Training visa, you would need a nomination and to be sponsored, regardless of how long you intend to stay.
Do these visa framework changes apply to you? are you interesting in knowing more about? Well, just contact us, we are happy to assist in you.