The Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) has released the new Skilled Occupations List (SOL) for 2016-17 which will take effect from 1st July 2016.
If you intend to apply on or after 1 July 2016 for an Independent or Family Sponsored Points Tested visa or a Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) – Graduate Work Stream visa, you need to make sure your occupation is listed on the new SOL. If you have lodged a valid application before 1 July 2016, your application will not be affected by these changes.
Skilled Occupation List (SOL)
The SOL is the basis for 189 (Skilled Independent Visa), 489 (Skilled Regional Provisional Visa) and 485 (Gradutate Temporary Visa) visa applications.
Occupations being added to the SOL from 1 July 2016 are:
- Orthotist or Prosthetist (ANZSCO 251912)
- Audiologist (ANZSCO 252711).
Occupations being removed from the SOL from 1 July 2016 are:
- Mining Engineer (Excluding Petroleum) (ANZSCO 233611)
- Petroleum Engineer (ANZSCO 233612)
- Metallurgist (ANZSCO 234912)
- Environmental Health Officer (ANZSCO 251311)
- Occupational Health and Safety Adviser (ANZSCO 251312)
- Dental Hygienist (ANZSCO 411211)
- Dental Prosthetist (ANZSCO 411212)
- Dental Technician (ANZSCO 411213)
- Dental Therapist (ANZSCO 411214).
Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List (CSOL)
The Department has also released the Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List (CSOL) which is used for 190 (Skilled Nominated Visa), 457 (TemporaryWork Skilled Visa) and 186 (Employer Nominated Scheme) visa applications.
Occupations currently listed on the CSOL will continue to be listed from 1 July 2016.